Saturday, February 28, 2009

GDP 2008 is 4.6%

I was listening to Karen Carpenter's Yesterday Once More as I was browsing the Central Bank web site. The not good figures for 2008 justified my concern for the Malaysian economy. For 2008 GDP was 4.6% while Q4 2008 GDP was 0.1%

And now I am still listening to Karen carpenter's song wondering what the economy would be like in the next quarters. Obviously global auto industry is suffering and Proton is no exception. Few years back many quarters suggested Proton find a strategic partner mainly American or European car makers BUT Proton discard the idea and went alone except to renew its partnership with Mitsubishi. Should Proton made that partnership with any western auto makers I guess Proton too would have asked money from the government for restructuring.

Maybe now is the right time for us to ponder the sufferings of the refugees in Africa or even the Palestinians. To these people its not how much bonus or profit which concern them but rather how to put food on the table and sleep under some kind of shelter each night.

To all you smart financiers and economists out there, pull your strengths for new ideas. I have some but I am not a graduate from Saskatchewan yet. So I would put those on hold for the time being.

PREVIOUS ARTICLES