Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Opel Experience

My first few articles were mainly aimed at remembering my driving experience in Canada. But I forgot some things too. For instance when I was small my late father owned a Volkswagen. I never wrote that initially. Recently I remember I drove an Opel in 1991. It was a Kadett 1200 manufactured in 1978. Honestly I did not feel the umph because the Opel Kadett was an old model then and I think that particular car was already in the junkyard.

I wonder what was GM's strategy when the boards decided to keep the Opel unit.

If I am a rich person I would buy Opel the company BUT just like Malaysia's famous artist the late Tan Sri P Ramlee said in one of his humor movies "he wants to get married but he has only RM1" (the movie is Bujang Lapuk or the Bachelors and Spinsters)

The Opel episode shall continue...

PREVIOUS ARTICLES