Thursday, July 15, 2010

REUNION

In December 2003, I attended a small gathering with my fellow friends who went to University of Saskatchewan College of Commerce. Initially I was reluctant to go but when I talked to my parents they encouraged me to attend the reunion.

But as an incomplete student status I felt awkward at that gathering.Mainly because I was nobody, no great pay, no nothing and just drive a compact Perodua Kancil.

As I think about it I realized that my departure from Saskatoon in October 1990 was a relief to my fellow friends and maybe to the faculty at College of Commerce too.I knew some faculty members were in Malaysia between 1991 to 1998 and yet I WAS NOT invited to any of the gatherings.Obviously a sleezy me would not be welcomed at 5 star hotels.

I also understand now why my matriculation friends also deserted me! Well its life when I am nobody, poor and have no status.

When I settle down it will be a small wedding like the late King Hussein of Jordan when he married Lisa Halaby! I don't want to fork out any single cents to you people.Thereby my pocket will still be full of cash, hopefully.

PREVIOUS ARTICLES