Thursday, December 16, 2010

KLIMS 2010

I was at the Kuala Lumpur International Motorshow 2010 held at PWTC last week. Honestly I feel my RM15 spent on the entrance fee was not worth it. Reason I do not see any big names other than the usual brands. I was hoping to see big names but it was not there.

Proton showed its Emas car and other 5 concept cars which bear the names of five Malay warriors namely Tuah, Jebat, Lekir, Lekiu and Kasturi. Perodua also showed some new models. But I feel Proton can do more. I am yet to find Proton convertible and coupe models. Maybe in the future..

The last time I was at a car show was in the 1970s. The show was held at Changkat Pavilion near Stadium Merdeka Kuala Lumpur. I remember then the residential project of Taman Tun Dr Ismail (TTDI) was about to take shape.

I am disappointed that Chevy only reveal the new Camaro. I am not much of a Camaro fan. Where were all those names such as Jaguar, MG, Skoda, Volvo, Benz , BMW etc? I can't find those at KLIMS 2010.

But I must congratulate Malaysia Automobile Association MAA for being able to organize such a big event. I know it will better next time!

PREVIOUS ARTICLES