Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Accident

I must note that the Dec 2,1990 car crash was not the first one for me.On two occasions while renting a car in Canada I met with small accidents. Luckily I bought the Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) on both occasions. So I just paid the rental fee.

In 1988 I rented a compact Hyundai Excel. It must be a drunk driver who hit the Hyundai door and it dented a little bit. Back then Hyundai was not a popular model for Canadians, so I rented it rather cheap. The second incident took place while driving a Chevy alone at night on my way to Winnipeg. I hit something maybe a pig or a goat.I made  a police report and continued my journey to Winnipeg where I switched for another car. I dared not touch the front bumper of that Chevy for fear it might be a pig that I hit.

This just came last night.

Suddenly I remember I was knocked down by a car near Bandar Hilir Melaka (Malacca) when I was in primary three. I can't remember the exact year maybe 1976 when my class teacher was Mrs Sim. I could still remember seeing the car axles as I was underneath the car engine. However I did not sustain any injury other than some bruises. We were staying in Tampin then about an hour drive to Melaka. My father brought me to Tampin District Hospital later. I guess the car was running slow. Otherwise I maybe gone then and not able to meet Bev and her family. I still wonder why my father did not bring me to Melaka General Hospital instead.

PREVIOUS ARTICLES